Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Less Really Is More

"Unhappiness is best defined as the difference between our talents and our expectations." Edward De Bono

Before my heart attack I thought I really should do more, be more, say more, think more, feel more--more, more, more. It was like whatever I did was never quite enough. Doing less didn't seem to be an option at the time.

Now I do less and less and enjoy what little I actually do more and more.When people would say, "less is more," it never really made sense but it finally does now, not just intellectually, but emotionally and even spiritually.

The "still,small inner voice" is becoming more important than ever and by doing less it is even getting louder, more audible, and clearer. To grow spiritually which is more important than ever, I have come to realize that by doing less work, less talking, less traveling I get to focus on just being loving to my wife, friends, family, my God and most of all myself.

Question:Are you allowing yourself enough quiet and stillness?

No comments:

Post a Comment