Monday, June 21, 2010

Time Off

"Happiness may well consist primarily of an attitude toward time." Robert Grudin

I took some time off last week from writing this blog. I had to reassess my usage of "time." For several weeks after my heart attack and surgery I thought I was running out of time so I began running through lots of things. I ran through my memory searching for people I needed to reconnect with. I ran through my dreams making sure every morning I was remembering as many as possible looking for clues and messages that would add meaning to my life and help me understand where I was, who I am and what I wanted to do next in life. I ran through books like a marathon man getting through each page as fast as possible.

I was in such a hurry, just like pre-heart attack days, but only this time I was more internally than externally directed as if somehow this made my rapid pace justified. I decided to slow down, take some deep breaths and hope and trust that what needed doing would get done, who needed to be connected with would be. A new attitude towards time.

Question: Do you know what time it is for your deepest self?

No comments:

Post a Comment