Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Priorities-Again

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts. Neither are your ways my ways..." Isaiah

I never in a million years would have thought that what I needed was a heart attack to motivate me to get my priorities straight. Indeed to a large degree I thought I had them straight. Well if not straight at least not that crooked. But "the crooked shall be made straight," I think Jesus said that and if he didn't I'm going to guess he thought it. Anyway that is what it took--lying flat on my back.

You see four months later as I sit here writing I know in my heart that had I died this time last year many would have said, "he worked hard," "he wrote a lot of books," and maybe they would say "he even helped a few." Now I realize that if people don't say after that Fat Lady has sung her last song, "In the end, he worked hardest at love," then I will have missed the mark again.

Question: What will they say about you?

1 comment:

  1. Now that is something worth striving for. Good luck John.

    ReplyDelete