Monday, June 28, 2010

What Did You Come Here For?

"Now that it's all over, what did you really do yesterday that was worth mentioning?" Coleman Cox

What did I do yesterday? I can't hardly remember what I had for breakfast yesterday, certainly not the day before. The older I get the more I experience "Mental Pause". I go into a room to get something and by the time I'm there I've forgotten what I came for. What did I come here do in the first place? Why did I occupy this particular body at this particular southern location?

Oh year! I remember now! I came here to learn how to love and be loved, how to forgive and be forgiven, how to be patient and extend patience, to help and be helped, to ask questions and become answers for those few who need me to be even if for just a moment.

Question: What did you come here to do this lifetime?

1 comment:

  1. I almost automatically break this question in to two parts: "What is my mission?" and "What are the lessons and developmental tasks?"
    The first answer on mission for me is: To co-create sacred space.
    The second is a little more difficult because they are, in my case, so numerous: some examples, learning to effectively and creatively deal with aggression, learning to fight shame, learning to open my heart in love, learning how to be in integrity, learning and practicing good boundary setting. You get the idea.

    ReplyDelete