Friday, May 21, 2010

Dreams

The Talmud, a commentary on the Hebrew Bible says, "An uninterpreted dream is like an unopened letter." Since my heart attack my dreams have been disturbing at worst and informative at best. I dream often of Austin, Tx. where I went through so many life changes. There I became a student,teacher, writer,therapist,friend and foe, lover and loved.

I have several major regrets when I think about or wake from a dream of Austin. I got disconnected from men and women who inspired me and changed me. During whatever time I have left I feel compelled to reconnect with those who it would not injure to do so, to paraphrase one the twelve steps.

I dream of those people as they were over 20 years ago. I try to interpret what their nocturnal appearances mean and mostly after much time and consideration I only arrive at the conclusion that they mean so much to me and time is wasting to get in touch.

Question: Who do you dream about that needs to be thanked, called, checked in with or apologized to?

No comments:

Post a Comment