Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Spiritual Side

This morning I woke up thinking about the spiritual side of what I thought "should have been." By most people's standards and estimations I "should have been" last on their list and mine for a heart attack. Prior to it I ate right, exercised, kept my weight down, don't smoke or drink. And yet a heart attack I did have. What a God-given gift it has been. It changed my life for the better in more ways than a short blog (I promise to only write short ones knowing how busy you are)can capture.

Based on my education and upbringing I should have been a machinist like my father or a plumber like my brother and yet for some mysterious reason I became a writer. Writing has been my salvation, what keeps me semi-sane, though I often wish I had learned my father's trade and inherited his and my brother's ability to build, repair and make things but here I am writing this blog.

I should have married my high-school sweetheart (so many do) but instead I was blessed with some really wonderful people who were "girlfriends" and supremely blessed by The Great Spirit of Love to marry the most beautiful, kind, intelligent, and funny woman Susan my beloved.

Question: So do you often think about the spiritual side of what you thought should have been?

No comments:

Post a Comment