Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Expectations

Expectations are yet to be realized resentments. To ask for something--anything from another is one of the most courageous act we can perform. To let that act be linked to an expectation that they will do what you want, give you what you ask for is often the fastest way to feeling frustrated.

I found this out again first with the cardiologist in the emergency room 11 weeks ago and then again with my surgeon who performed the life-saving and life-changing by-pass surgery. I expected to be treated a certain way, spoken to a little more tenderly and cared for a bit more compassionately. None of which happened.

How much faster would I have healed if I could have attained the Nirvana like state, experienced Bliss or participated in the Grace of letting go of expectations? You got me?

Question: What expectations do you have of others that almost never are met?

No comments:

Post a Comment